Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Been A While!

Wow, been a while since I blogged here ! sorry for being gone so long!

Have been very busy getting a new lease done on our existing building. We've been there ten years and it was time to renew. We negotiated a nice ten year lease with a ten year option on the end, plus we are getting AIR CONDITIONING in both of our buildings! Very exciting as this has been one long, hot summer, and I know you all already know that. This should be going in soon, like the next week or so. It means we won't have to close down next year when it gets so hot. Can't believe I went ten years without it! We are also getting a new heat system with it, so no more loud blowers going in the building - nice forced air! I'll take that in a paw print!

Hope everyone is hanging in there. It's been as hard on our dogs as on us this summer. I saw some people walking their dogs when it was so hot and humid (the day it got up to 116 with the humidity!) and I just wanted to shake them. I always tell folks, take your shoes off and walk around on the hot pavement in the sun - does it hurt? Well then it's too hot for your dog too!

So, when it's too hot to play outside, get the games going inside! Find it, doggy puzzles, obedience practice - use those brains. Also more chews to gnaw on to help work out stress and energy!

Today it's 74 degrees and I'm actually able to get out into the garden and weed for the first time in over six weeks. My border collie Everee loves to help (she actually pulls on weeds for me, no kidding!). Enjoy your day everyone and .... I'm baaaaack!

Deb S.
Everee, Corky, Eli and our newest additions Harry and Truman (baby parakeets!)

No comments:

Post a Comment