Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How to Make a Border Collie Sleep!

Had to add this fun piece. We had a bad storm here in Minnesota on Saturday. I was home alone with my two dogs, Everee the Border Collie and Corky the yorky. My husband was at the Bloodhound Nationals in Georgia with his boy Eli.

It really was an intense storm. So, I decided it was time for our first fire in our beautiful wood burning stove in our living room. It's such a lovely, warm thing for sure. Heats our whole house for hours and hours. Anyway, I get a fire going, and because it's like 34 degrees outside it doesn't take much to heat up the house. Ends up getting to about 76 degrees at it's warmest. It felt great although I usually keep it at 70. I was watching a movie, and suddenly realized Everee was sleeping in front of the woodburner. She slept for like 5 hours, non-stop. This never happens! That warm, wood heat just knocked her out. I actually watched a movie without any interruption of "play ball" or had any toys tossed in my lap. Amazing! I can't wait to try it again soon!

Deb Schneider
Everee, Corky and Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment